On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, Darouichi, Aziz wrote:

Thanks Scott for catching that extra </beans>. I am faced with another error message. I imported self singed SSL to the LDAP but still getting handshake closed.

WHO: [username: jsmith2000]
WHAT: simple bind failed: ldap1.curry.edu:389; nested exception is
javax.naming.Commun
icationException: simple bind failed: ldap2.curry.edu:389 [Root exception is
javax.net
.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake]

Are you using TLS or SSL (LDAPS)? If you are using SSL (LDAPS), you probably want port 636 instead of 389.

Or perhaps you need to import your LDAP server's SSL certificate into the keystore used by CAS / Java.

        Andy