Marvin,

https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CAS-993 talked about hanging authentication.
handler.
The "hanging" part is similar to my case.

https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CAS-994 also talks about "monitoring".
But they were no help to me.

--- On Fri, 2012/3/30, s4...@yahoo.co.jp <s4...@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

Marvin:
(1)I have registered 3 webflows in "flowRegistry" in the file cas-servlet.xml,
which I "believe" call them one by one. Each webflow tries to check with a
parentCAS whether the user has been authenticated or not.

<webflow:flow-registry id="flowRegistry" flow-builder-services="builder">
        <webflow:flow-location path="/WEB-INF/login-webflow-parent1.xml"
id="login_p1" />
</webflow:flow-registry>

Inside the "login-webflow-parent1.xml", after some branching off, I end up at
the following "end-state":

<end-state id="serviceEndState"
view="externalRedirect:contextRelative:/login?service=${flowScope.service.id}"/>

My unresponsive urlString looks just like that:

https://parentCAS1:8443/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2FchildCAS-server%3A8443%2Fcas%2Flogin_p1&gateway=true

When the parentCAS1 is up and running, and when the user has not been
authenticated by the parentCAS1, another iteration takes place and this time it
is "parentCAS2, ..login_p2.. etc.

When the parentCAS1 is down, control  is not passed to the caller, it remains
with the "end-state".

It may well be that my login-webflows are incorrectly implemented. I mean, if
there is no point of return from the end-state in case of server down, then I
will need to learn to re-write the webflow, right?

Or, may be there is yet another view which does the job when
"externalRedirect:contextRelative:/login?service=${flowScope.service.id" is
alive and kicking, but returns the control to its caller if not.

I am learning while trying to answer your questions, so it is helpful. Thank
you for your contnued interest.

Cheers.

--- On Thu, 2012/3/29, Marvin S. Addison <marvin.addi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot get out from the situation when one of my casServerLoginUrl
> is down.... Elsewhere, I am checking some other casServers  (I have
> been calling them "parentCAS") and if all stakeholders are  up and
> running, and if no SSO is found, a login screen is shown (that's what
> I want!) , but I get stuck when one of the servers is down.

Could you clarify what behavior you would like when a CAS server is
unavailable?  Also, it's not clear whether the problem is related to the
specific parent-child CAS architecture you've developed.  It would be helpful
if you clarified where the cited configuration lives in the context of
parent-child CAS if that's what you're talking about.

-- You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org as:
s4...@yahoo.co.jp

You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org as: s4...@yahoo.co.jp