There really aren't any logs according to the user who is having the problem.
They mentioned that when they hit the login for salesforce they get a blank
page.
According to the users there are 2 options for configuring CAS to salesforce.

1. Is using the Delegated authentication.
2. Federated single sign-on using SAML 1.1

They were attempting to configure it using the Second option. In the
configuration for salesforce it requests a saml assertion which it then
validates to make sure it meets its requirements. Is there a way to generate a
saml 1.1 assertion response from CAS for a particular service.

Here is the configuration they used for the second option:

SAML USER ID TYPE: Username
SAML USER ID Location: Attribute
Attribute Name: Email
Attribute URI: urn:oasis:names