Hi Eric,

You might want to try JSON-based service registry which reloads the changes
into the in-memory representation when the JSON file definition changes. It's
lightweight, human-readable, and would support the use cases that you have
described.
https://github.com/Unicon/cas-addons/blob/master/src/main/java/net/unicon/cas/addons/serviceregistry/JsonServiceRegistryDao.groovy

Cheers,
Dmitriy.