hi all,

there is something that I don't understand in the CAS authentication
workflow.

my webapp is protected via web.xml filters.

The SSO works well because i can display request.getRemoteUser() on the
client side.

But after that, if i stop the cas server, nothing appear on the client side
and I could refresh my client application without any error. Is it normal?

I thought I understood that the client application validate the ticket on
each request.

When I look at source code I can see in
AbstractTicketValidationFilter.doFilter the code below :

if (CommonUtils.isNotBlank(ticket)) {

    //validate the ticket

} else filterChain.doFilter ...

So do I understand that my ticket is blank ?