Here’s my propertyFileConfigurer.xml file in the spring-configuration directory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p";
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.0.xsd";>
       <description>
              This file lets CAS know where you've stored the cas.properties
file which details some of the configuration options
              that are specific to your environment.  You can specify the
location of the file here.  You may wish to place the file outside
              of the Servlet context if you have options that are specific to a
tier (i.e. test vs. production) so that the WAR file
              can be moved between tiers without modification.
       </description>

       <bean id="propertyPlaceholderConfigurer"
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"
              p:location="file:${catalina.base}/conf/cas.properties" />
</beans>

Jonathan Liedy
Middleware Administrator
The Florida State University