I'm trying to configure my CAS test setup (CAS Server and 2 services) for SAML
1.1.

I read what I could find about CAS&SAML configuration, but I'm still at a loss.

On the service (client) side I followed this doc:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/Configuring+the+Jasig+CAS+Client+for+Java+in+the+web.xml
In web.xml I selected the SAML filters mentioned in the doc. (next to the other
required filters)

I read somewhere that the CAS client must be configured to request a SAML
service ticket validation response, e.g., /samlValidate.
I suppose this condition is met by opting for the SAML filters in web.xml.

I also added the required libs to the services
(https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/Saml11TicketValidationFilter+Example)

When I try to access a service I get the exception
"The server encountered an internal error
(org.jasig.cas.client.validation.TicketValidationException:
org.opensaml.SAMLException: Service not allowed to validate tickets.) that
prevented it from fulfilling this request."

What is lacking on the server side?

Some background information:

-          I created a self-signed certificate which I added to the cacerts
keystore file of the JVM used by the CAS and services Tomcats. Can SAML1.1 be
used with self-signed certificates?

-          I get the authentication data through a web service that I
integrated in the CAS server. The web service gets the data from an Oracle
database. In the non-SAML set-up this works fine.

-          I derived a class DomainSecurityCredentials from
UsernamePasswordCredentials that has an additional domain property.

-          In the class DomainSecurityCredentialsToPrincipalResolver that
implements CredentialsToPrincipalResolver I add the following attributes to
SimplePrincipal: the domain and the roles the principal can have in the domain.

The attribute map is written out in the log:

19 okt 2012 12:10:37,331 DEBUG AuthenticationManagerImpl:63 - Attribute map for
guy.tho...@vlaamsbrabant.be: {roles=[ROLE_DOMAIN_USER], domain=provraad}

[Additional question: how do I get the "roles" array in a SAML response?]

Guy Thomas
Analist-Programmeur
Dienst Projecten en Ontwikkelingen

Provinciehuis
Provincieplein 1
3010 Leuven

Tel: 016267945

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Alle berichten naar dit
professioneel e-mailadres kunnen door de werkgever gelezen worden. In het kader
van de vervulling van onze taak van openbaar belang nemen wij uw relevante
persoonlijke gegevens op in onze bestanden. U kunt deze inzien en verbeteren
conform de Wet Verwerking Persoonsgegevens van 8 december 1992.

Het ondernemingsnummer van het provinciebestuur is 0253.973.219