That's what I have started working on today in cas-addons :-) (expect to see it
in 1.1 some time in December): namely CAS events publishing framework -
basically to intercept useful API calls on CentralAuthenticationService and
then package and publish relevant data as Spring ApplicationEvents. Then on the
CAS overlay side, just develop Spring ApplicationEventListeners for the events
of interest and then you could use your imagination what to do with them :-)

Camel is not a requirement, that was more of an example of what could be
possible to integrate CAS with external systems. For example in CAS overlay,
configure a route [from(event:cas-event)->any number of processors ->
to(some-camel-component-for-external-system] etc. Of course, one could simply
use more tightly coupled point-to-point integration code, without any
integration broker - it's  just a matter of taste :-)

The important part here is to be able to capture these useful CAS events. Stay
tuned as I develop it in cas-addons...

Dmitriy.

Sent from my iPhone