From: Kevin P. Foote [mailto:kpfo...@iup.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:20 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: RE: [cas-user] Cas and o365 Email

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Gasper, John wrote:

-> EWU is just about to go live with O365, so we had a similar need, but
because we didn't want to have 2 un-connected single sign-on solutions we took
a different approach.

John, you are thinking about this wrong. As Jason mentioned before, user never
knows the Shib portion is involved. Your SSO session would still be governed
and provided fully by your CAS instance. You would not be adding an
"un-connected sign-on solution". Rather, you would be extending the
functionality of your current SSO solution to include the full SAML stack and
yes the ECP portion which you would be after with o365.

Just something to think about.

------
thanks
  kevin.foote