I can't see how it could be a mismatched certificate problem. I've
independently tested the SAML produced by cas with xmlsec1 using the
certificate I uploaded to Google. Xmlsec1 reports the signature is invalid. If
I sign the same XML with xmlsec1 using the same private key I configured in
CAS, the signature validates successfully using the same certificate.

I also tried rolling back to 3.4.12 with no effect, so it's not a 3.5.1 problem.

I can only conclude that since this is working for other people there is
something about my environment or build that is causing a XML digsig problem.
I've built CAS using the overlay method, and I'm running it in Jetty 8 on
Oracle Java 6. I did notice that there were conflicting jars in my WEB-INF/lib,
including xmldsig and xmlsec jars that both had different implementations of
JSR 105 digsig. It looks like xmldsig came from cas ldap support, and the
xmlsec is used by opensaml.

That made me think maybe there's a conflicting jar problem and other people
didn't run into it because they don't pull in ldap support, or they fixed their
poms to exclude it. However, after playing around with excluding one or the
other dependency, it still doesn't work.

I've just about spent all the time I can trying to get this working. If anyone
else has any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess it's time for me to
explore alternatives to CAS.

David