Constance,

I have Desire2Learn running on CAS 3.4.10 with an Active Directory backing
store.  Just a note, my D2L instance is hosted.  All that I recall having to
provide D2L to get my CAS configured was providing them with the Login URL for
the CAS (https://you-cas-server.school.edu:8443/cas/), The proper
serviceValidate url
(https://you-cas-server.school.edu:8443/cas/serviceValidate), and the logout
URL.  In return, they gave us the URL that we needed to put into our Service
Manager.  In my case it was something similar to the following (note, we use
vanity URLs as well):  http://learn.school.edu/d2l/orgtools/CAS/Default.aspx.
I hope this helps.

Ben Branch
UNIX/Linux Administrator
University of Central Oklahoma
ITIL Foundation v3, Network+, RHCSA

100 N. University Drive, Box 122
Edmond, OK 73034
D: 405.974.2649 | M: 405.550.6804 | bbranch@uco.<mailto:bbranch@uco.>edu |
www.uco.edu<http://www.uco.edu/>

"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and
good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I,
as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular,
then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not
know."  - Socrates