Hi
I am trying to configure LDAP on port 389, non-secure mode, and I tested the
AD server and it works with a ldap browser and CAS unit tests, but I am
having trouble running it on CAS server.

Here are the snippet from my deployerConfigContext.xml.
It includes the contextSource, pooledContextSource, authenticationHandlers
deployerConfigContext.xml
<http://jasig.275507.n4.nabble.com/file/n4659921/deployerConfigContext.xml>
the full deployerConfigContext.xml
The ldap pool params are in cas.properties

        <bean id="contextSource"
class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">

                <property name="pooled" value="false" />
                <property name="url" value="ldap://10.10.10.10:389"; />
                <property name="userDn"
value="cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com" />
                <property name="password" value="examplepassword" />

                <property name="baseEnvironmentProperties">
                        <map>

                                <entry key="com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout"
value="3000" />
                                <entry key="com.sun.jndi.ldap.read.timeout"
value="3000" />

                                <entry
key="java.naming.security.authentication" value="simple" />

                        </map>
                </property>
        </bean>

        <bean id="pooledContextSource"

class="org.springframework.ldap.pool.factory.PoolingContextSource"
                p:minIdle="${ldap.pool.minIdle}"
p:maxIdle="${ldap.pool.maxIdle}"
                p:maxActive="${ldap.pool.maxSize}"
p:maxWait="${ldap.pool.maxWait}"
                p:timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="${ldap.pool.evictionPeriod}"
                p:minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="${ldap.pool.idleTime}"
p:testOnBorrow="${ldap.pool.testOnBorrow}"
                p:testWhileIdle="${ldap.pool.testWhileIdle}"
                p:dirContextValidator-ref="dirContextValidator"
p:contextSource-ref="contextSource" />

        <bean id="dirContextValidator"

class="org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator"
                p:base="" p:filter="objectclass=*">
                <property name="searchControls">
                        <bean class="javax.naming.directory.SearchControls"
p:timeLimit="1000"
                                p:countLimit="1" p:searchScope="0"
p:returningAttributes="" />
                </property>
        </bean>

                <property name="authenticationHandlers">
                        <list>
                                <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.handler.support.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsAuthenticationHandler"
                                        p:httpClient-ref="httpClient" />

                                <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.BindLdapAuthenticationHandler"
                                        p:filter="sAMAccountName=%u"
p:searchBase="cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
                                        p:contextSource-ref="contextSource"
p:searchContextSource-ref="pooledContextSource"
                                        p:ignorePartialResultException="true" />

                        </list>
                </property>

Thanks
Jonathan