On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 07:21:54PM -0700, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> After beating my head against the wall for a while, I figured out that
> somehow adding this dependency resulted in multiple versions of some
> jars ending up in the war maven created:

I managed to work around this by adding explicit exclusions to pom.xml:

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.springframework.security</groupId>
                        <artifactId>spring-security-ldap</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1.1.RELEASE</version>
                        <exclusions>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>spring-aop</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>spring-tx</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>spring-beans</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                        </exclusions>
                </dependency>

Is that really what needed to be done? Seems awfully manual as a process;
scan war for duplicate jars and go list them one by one?

Then I had the error:

Error creating bean with name 'casAuthenticationProvider' defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-I
NF/spring-configuration/securityContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'userDetailsService' while
 setting bean property 'userDetailsService'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuch
BeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'userDetailsService' is defined

Looks like there's a typo on the configuration wiki page? The example config
is listed as
        sec:ldap-user-service id="userService"
evidentally it should be
        sec:ldap-user-service id="userDetailsService"

Well, now I'm getting "Access Denied", so I guess the job for tomorrow is
to figure out how to map an ldap group into the role the service
management app wants to see to authorize access...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu