I looked over the LPPE implementation and didn't see anything specific
to ppolicy. So I wouldn't say it's a bug, it's just not there yet.
Marvin and I will set aside some time this week to document the
configuration and will supply any necessary patches to 4.0-RC3 to
support ppolicy. You shouldn't need to do any coding to use this
feature.

--Daniel Fisher