We are looking at using unicon's shib-cas-authenticator package to integrate
our existing shibboleth deployment into our new CAS deployment. Reviewing the
documentation at:

        https://github.com/Unicon/shib-cas-authenticator

it seems it wants to embed configuration into the WAR file. I've never really
understood the fascination in the Java community with embedding configuration
into binaries 8-/, it makes it rather difficult to package and deploy at scale
:(. I have production, dev, and test CAS servers, as well as corresponding
shibboleth servers, and I'd really like to build *one* WAR file to deploy on
all of them, and have the specifics of the configuration maintained in external
configuration files.

Is there any easy way to externalize the configuration the documentation says
to embed in cas-authentication-facade/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml and
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/idp/WEB-INF/web.xml?

One thing that's nice about shibboleth is that the default configuration does
externalize configuration into the filesystem rather than try to embed it in
the WAR file...

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/