Hi,

Have a look at login-webflow.xml. The end state users reach after
successful login is down near the bottom:

<end-state id="redirectView"
view="externalRedirect:${requestScope.response.url}" />

If your custom authentication has access to web flow's request scope it
could modify the url there. Otherwise I'd add an action-state just before
redirectView that queries the database or whatever to get your extra
parameter, modifies the response URL and transitions to the existing
redirectView. Have a look at how other action states pass the various
scopes in their <evaluate> sections for ideas.

If you're debugging web flow it's really helpful to bump up the log level
in your log4j.xml so you can see what's happening.

Hope that's enough to get you started.

Matt