@Alberto Cabello Sánchez, @Andreas Vallen:

Thank you, guys!

Both JaSig CAS and client are running on the same server (let's call it
mydomain.com).

For the JaSig CAS is the domain name sso.mydomain.com and for the client
it's portal.mydomain.com.

In my /etc/tomcat7/server.xml I have the following lines

===

<!-- Connector #1 -->
<Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA"
               keystoreFile="${user.home}/.keystore"
keystorePass="changeit"/>

It finally works under Apache via AJP, so I have an extra line

<!-- Connector #2 -->
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

===

At the moment, certificate files are in apache vhost file.

SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/STAR_mydomain_com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/STAR_mydomain_com.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/ssl/PositiveSSL-bundle.ca-bundle

Following advise of @Alberto, in the Tomcat7 docs I found the following:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

<Connector
           protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           port="8443" maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
           SSLCertificateFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.crt"
           SSLCertificateKeyFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.pem"
           SSLVerifyClient="optional" SSLProtocol="TLSv1"/>

@Alberto Cabello Sánchez

Do you mean, I should be adding "SSLCertificateFile" and
"SSLCertificateKeyFile" options to the "Connector #1"?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Artur