Aaron,
What bug are you referring to? We ran our 3 node test cluster with multicast,
but went unicast in production. We are on ehcache 2.6 and in our 3 node
production cluster we just ran 130 logins per second with zero errors via
jmeter, and only backed off as to not effect the production ldap cluster. I
definitely agree with the encryption aspect of it, although our cas cluster is
on a protected network so we don't worry about that as much.

-Scott