Yes, so my original url is
http://127.0.0.1:8080/details<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A8080%2Fdetails%2Fcallback%3Fclient_name%3DCasClient&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHmF24lyCht6c84ldd4PI8qh36kAA>

And then I try to
call
https://10.222.345.123:8080/cas/login?service=http://127.0.0.1:8080/details?renew=true

However it reloads the page with a new ticket like
so:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/details?renew=true&ticket=ST-1095-6cHLzsFkF4NYM4NviOcgsdfsdrgdsfal

But it does not prompt me to input my user credentials again.

On the server side I do the following prior to calling the CAS login:

        HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
        session.invalidate();

        SecurityContext context = SecurityContextHolder.getContext();
        Authentication auth = context.getAuthentication();

        if (auth != null) {
            new SecurityContextLogoutHandler().logout(request, response,
auth);
        }

        context.setAuthentication(null);