Thanks Andrew - that helps a lot.  A quick question about ticketRegistry.xml -
I don't see one in my project.  Can I just add one and have the "Maven Overlay"
process magically overwrite whatever is there by default? Thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Morgan [mailto:mor...@orst.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 1:57 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] How many ticket registries per CAS instance?

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014, Zac Harvey wrote:

> Do CAS servers have a single ticket registry that lives for the entire
> duration of the running app, or can multiple ticket registries exist
> at the same time?  For instance, I see an
> org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry: will my CAS
> server have 1 of these, or many?  Thanks in advance!

Normally you would only choose 1 backend to use as a ticket registry.  The
ticket registry is defined in spring-configuration/ticketRegistry.xml.

You can see the list of available ticket registry backends in the CAS wiki on
the left-hand menu under "TICKETREGISTRY".

I am using the MemcacheTicketRegistry.  I know lots of people use the
JpaTicketRegistry (database).

Perhaps I am not understanding your question though...

        Andy