I followed the CAS Best Practices
(https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Best+Practice+-+Setting+Up+CAS+Locally+using+the+Maven+WAR+Overlay+Method)
 for building a "cas.war" (v4.0.0) and deploying it to Tomcat7. When I spin up
Tomcat, I am able to access my CAS login page at:

> https://localhost:8443/cas/login

I then deploy one of my "client" apps (a Grails web app using Shiro for
authentication), which comes online at:

> http://localhost:9100/myapp

I go to an authenticated URL for myapp.war (the CAS client app):

> http://localhost:9100/myapp/secret

I am successfully redirected to my CAS login page (for now, I'm using the
default casLoginView.jsp). I check my browser cookies, and for the CAS site I
have a JSESSIONID. I login using the CAS default credentials (username is
*casuser*; password is *Melon*) and am successfully redirected to
http://localhost:9100/myapp/secret. Great success! I check my cookies again and
see that I have the same exact JSESSIONID as well as a new CASTGC cookie.

I now go directly to my CAS logout page:

> https://localhost:8443/cas/logout

I see a "Logout successful" message, and check my cookies again. The CASTGC
cookie is gone, and I still have a JSESSIONID, however, it's a different one
than the first JSESSIONID that I got.

I now go back to my authenticated URL:

> http://localhost:9100/myapp/secret

I expect to be redirected to the CAS login page: instead I am allowed to view
the /secret page and **appear to still be authenticated, even after logging
out!!!**

I *believe* I need to implement the SingleSignOutFilter by placing it in
myapp's web.xml as instructed here:

https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/Configuring+Single+Sign+Out

My questions:

1. Will configuring SingleSignOutFilter in web.xml complete my implementation
for single sign out, or is there more config that I need to do? If so, where?
2. Once single sign out is implemented, will it have the expected behavior that
I describe above? Meaning, if I go to the /logout link, then anytime I try to
go to an authenticated URL, it should redirect me back to the /login page?
3. How can I tell which protocol (CAS 2.0 or SAML 1.1) I'm using? I should be
using whatever default CAS 4.0.0 ships with as I didn't override anything in my
project.

Thanks in advance!