>" When you say a localhost entry on your desktop, do you mean in your hosts
>file?"
Yup.

What exactly are you using Apache for?  For all intents and purposes, you don't
need it unless you have a specific use case.  I'm sure Marvin or some of the
other guys will correct me if this isn't so.  Since I'm not sure what you're
using Apache for, my first step would be to shutdown apache and test only with
Tomcat running.  My initial suspicion is that something in the httpd
configuration is redirecting to the localhost address, but I'm not sure, hence
why I'm suggesting to conduct your testing with apache shutdown.

You should be able to disable the apache server with the following:  chkconfig
httpd off
You can also shutdown the service the same way you shutdown tomcat: service
httpd stop.

Is this a vanilla installation of Tomcat? Also, if you don't mind, post your
cas.properties file (please scrubb any sensitive from the file before posting).

Ben Branch
UNIX/Linux Administrator
University of Central Oklahoma
ITIL Foundation v3, Network+, RHCSA

100 N. University Drive, Box 122
Edmond, OK 73034
D: 405.974.2649 | M: 405.550.6804 | bbra...@uco.edu | www.uco.edu

"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and
good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I,
as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular,
then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not
know."  - Socrates