Hi,
FWIW : I had a similar problem and the issue whas opendlap side (i
suppose that you are using openldap), where the bind was OK but the
search of the entry that followed returned no value.
Could you verify that self has read permission on "entry" attribute in
your tree (ou=personnel,ou=people,dc=unice,dc=fr) ?

--
Vincent Repain
INSA de Rennes