I'm looking at this wiki page:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Auditing+and+Statistics+Via+Inspektr
but it looks a little out of date for 3.5.

I made these updates to my deployerConfigContext.xml:

  <bean id="dataSource"
class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClass" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
    <property name="jdbcUrl" value="jdbc:mysql://mysql.server.edu:3306/dbname"/>
    <property name="user" value="username"/>
    <property name="password" value="Passw0rd"/>
    <property name="maxPoolSize" value="10"/>
    <property name="initialPoolSize" value="3"/>
    <property name="maxStatements" value="50"/>
    <property name="minPoolSize" value="3"/>
    <property name="idleConnectionTestPeriod" value="100"/>
    <property name="maxIdleTime" value="200"/>
    <property name="acquireIncrement" value="1"/>
  </bean>
  <bean id="auditTrailManager"
class="com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager"/>

I also added these things to my spring-configuration/auditTrailContext.xml:

<bean id="inspektrTransactionManager"
    class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager"
    p:dataSource-ref="dataSource"
  />

  <bean id="inspektrTransactionTemplate"
    class="org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate"
    p:transactionManager-ref="inspektrTransactionManager"
    p:isolationLevelName="ISOLATION_READ_COMMITTED"
    p:propagationBehaviorName="PROPAGATION_REQUIRED"
  />

  <bean id="auditManager"
class="com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager">
    <constructor-arg index="0" ref="inspektrTransactionTemplate" />
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
  </bean>

I also made sure put the  mysql-connector-java, c3p0 and
mchange-commons jar files in my classpath.

I'm now getting and error like this:

But for our having caught this error, the web application context
would not have initialized.>
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'auditTrailManager' defined in ServletContext
re
source [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean
failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiat
ionException: Could not instantiate bean class
[com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager]: No default
constructor found;
 nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager.<init>()

But for our having caught this error, the web application context
would not have initialized.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'auditTrailManager' defined in ServletContext
re
source [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean
failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiat
ionException: Could not instantiate bean class
[com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager]: No default
constructor found;
 nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.github.inspektr.audit.support.JdbcAuditTrailManager.<init>()

Any pointers?

- Rex Roof
WCC Systems Engineer  <r...@wccnet.edu>
734-973-3478