Thank you Carl ;)
I've mentioned php cas client because I get a different behaviour in
comparison to java cas client. In php I get the following redirections
("portal" is the client webapp):
Request:https://localhost/portal/
Response: (Status Code 302)
https://cas-server/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fportal%2F&gateway=true
Request URL:
https://cas-server/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fportal%2F&gateway=true
Response: (Status Code 302) https://localhost/portal/

And with java cas client:
Request URL:https://localhost:8043/portal/
Response: (Status Code 302)
https://cas-server/cas/login?TARGET=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8043%2Fportal%2F&gateway=true
Request URL:
https://cas-server/cas/login?TARGET=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8043%2Fportal%2F&gateway=true
Response: (Status Code 302)
https://localhost:8043/portal?TARGET=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8043%2Fportal

Both applications are configured to use SAML protocol. My doubt is that I
always get TARGET parameter with java cas client, and I expected this would
be transparent to the user, without TARGET parameter in subsequent requests.

Thank you very much!