Good afternoon,

We have a service provider with whom we’re trying to set up SAML 1.1 SSO
to our CAS server. After a lot of going back and forth, we’ve reached a
point where they finally can validate the SAML artifact and get a response
from /samlValidate (we knew it worked on our end since we have other apps
using SAML). Now they say that they can’t process the SAML assertion in
the response since CAS sends it using the “saml1p” namespace, while their
code expects “samlp”.

Now, this leads me to believe that they’re not using a standard XML parser
but instead hacked a custom parser. Before I go and tell them to fix their
parser, I’d like to see if I can do something easy on my end to make CAS
spit out a different namespace in the assertion. I noticed that the
namespace comes from the SAMLConstants class in the OpenSAML jar, however
I cannot yet figure out how it gets to CAS – my guess is in
AbstractSaml10ResponseView.java through the OpenSAML Response class.

Will any of this be worthwhile? I’m not sure it’s recommended – it’s set
as a constant in OpenSAML for a reason, I suppose. I’d like to tell the
service provider to fix their code, which they’ve already done for other
things (e.g., overloading the TARGET parameter for something unrelated to
SAML). What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance,

--

Carlos M. Fernández