You are correct, Carlos. Thank you for spotting that.  I did have another
Connector defined for port 8080 with a redirect, but had mixed things up in the
SSL Connector.

Thank you, again. On to the next challenge…..

From: Carlos Fernandez [mailto:cfern...@sju.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 12:36 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: RE: [cas-user] attempting to access CAS login via https

Hi, Chris,

The excerpt from server.xml that you pasted indicates that you enabled HTTPS on
port 8080. If you try https://yourserver:8080/.., I bet it’ll work.

For it to work the way that you intend, you’ll need two connectors, like this:

<Connector
                protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                port="8080"
                maxthreads="200"
               redirectPort="8443" />

<Connector
                protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                port="8443"
                maxthreads="200"
                scheme="https"
                secure="true"
                SSLEnabled="true"
                keystoreFile="/etc/pki/java/cacerts"  keystorePass="changeit"
                truststoreFIle="/etc/pki/java/cacerts" truststorePass="changeit"
                clientAuth="false"
               sslProtocol="TLS" />

Best regards,
--