After thinking about it for what seemed like forever, it occurred to me
that 3.5.2.1 uses a later version of Java and I needed to upgrade to
ojdbc6.jar.

So, it attempted to start the Quartz Scheduler (YEAH!!), but got another
error.  But you know, I don't care.  I can deal with it.

Linda

Linda Toth
University of Alaska - Office of Information Technology (OIT) - Identity
and Access Management
910 Yukon Drive, Suite 103
Fairbanks, Alaska 99775
Tel: 907-450-8320
Fax: 907-450-8381
linda.t...@alaska.edu | www.alaska.edu/oit/

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Linda Toth <ltt...@alaska.edu> wrote:

> PS
>
> I have removed duplicate jars that were downloaded by maven, usually
> sticking with the latest unless the cas-server-* maven dependency lists
> something else:
>
> KEPT: commons-collections-3.2.1.jar - REMOVED: commons-collections-3.2.jar
> KEPT: javassist-3.12.GA.jar - REMOVED: javassist-3.15.ga.jar and
> javassist-3.7-GA.jar
> KEPT: stax-api-1.0-2.jar - REMOVED: stax-api-1.0-1.jar
>
> Linda Toth
> University of Alaska - Office of Information Technology (OIT) - Identity
> and Access Management
> 910 Yukon Drive, Suite 103
> Fairbanks, Alaska 99775
> Tel: 907-450-8320
> Fax: 907-450-8381
> linda.t...@alaska.edu | www.alaska.edu/oit/
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Linda Toth <ltt...@alaska.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I have reviewed the ServiceRegistryDaoImpl for 3.5.2.1.  It seems to be
>> failing at the initDao method inherited from
>> org.springframework.dao.support.DaoSupport.
>>
>> If there is any configuration change to the definitions for the
>> org.jasig.cas.services.JapServiceRegistryDaoImpl class and its nested
>> classes from 3.4.2.1 to 3.5.2.1, please tell me what they are.
>>
>> I do see substantial changes noted in the documentation for 4.00 +, but
>> have not found any indication I need to change between the two versions
>> noted above.  I searched through every class referenced in the bean
>> definition for serviceRegistryDao.
>>
>> They are all contained in spring-tx-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar,
>> spring-orm-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar or commons-dbcp.jar.  I may need to upgrade my
>> version of commons-dbcp.jar.  Which version is used for 3.5.2.1?
>>
>> Linda
>>
>> Linda Toth
>> University of Alaska - Office of Information Technology (OIT) - Identity
>> and Access Management
>> 910 Yukon Drive, Suite 103
>> Fairbanks, Alaska 99775
>> Tel: 907-450-8320
>> Fax: 907-450-8381
>> linda.t...@alaska.edu | www.alaska.edu/oit/
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Linda Toth <ltt...@alaska.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good afternoon,
>>>
>>> As much as I hate to admit it, I am humbled by the transition from
>>> 3.4.2.1 to 3.5.2.1.
>>>
>>> I have used the maven overly 4.0.0 and although I see some later
>>> versions of libraries come in that what is recommended on the maven
>>> repository page for dependencies, I have been able to verify I have the
>>> correct version.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless,  despite checking all versions and all dependencies, I
>>> continue to get an error when it tries to resolve the
>>> entityManagerFactory.  From what I can find via web searches, I may be
>>> caught in the middle of some version conflicts for dependencies, but can
>>> not find which versions of some jars to use with certainty.  Maven has
>>> downloaded multiple version of the same jar in some cases.

> [...]
>>> [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization