From: "Chris Adams" <chris.a.ad...@state.or.us>
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:53:15 PM
Subject: [cas-user] question about Service Management

Hello all,

I was just looking in to building the Service Management module, as I assumed
it was required.

I am utilizing CAS for SSO for a handful of services. From the CAS
documentation, it says:

"It is not required to use the service management facility explicitly. CAS
ships with a default configuration that is suitable for deployments that do not
need or want to leverage the capabilities above. The default configuration
allows any service contacting CAS over https/imaps to use CAS and receive any
attribute configured by an IPersonAttributeDao bean."

Does that mean that I don't have to register these services if I don't need to
manage them with this interface? Can I just append the URL of the service to
the CAS server login string and be done with it ?

Also, somewhere in the docs, it said that any serviced also had to utilize SSL.
Can someone verify that ?

Many thanks,

Christopher Adams

waldb...@lafayette.edu