Hi Carl,
thanks to your answer.
First of all, yes it is a development environment.
I create my own CA into server machine (CAS Server) with this tutorial
(http://tekyhost.com/ubuntu-12-04-and-tomcat-7-ssl-implementation/) and
everything works fine (https://localhost:8443/cas/login and on other
mychine https://my_ip_server:8443/cas/login). I follows this
tutorial http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.x/index.html and for the
authentication i create a db (mySQL) with a table users (2 columns: email,
password(MD5)). In the other machine I'm developing a web application (J2EE
in Eclipse) and I'm searching to connect login page to cas login page via
web.xml adding filters (https://cuit.columbia.edu/cas-ify-java-application)
 via SSL.
For my client machine, have I to create another own CA or have I to import
server CA into  $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts (client)??
Sorry but all this is new for me!!

Thanks
Gianluca