On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Christian Lévesque wrote:

> No I'm not taling about the session timeout, I just want my first page to
> be outside the session since I haven't provide any credentials yet.
>
> take this page when you're not connected
>
> https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/&ss=1&scc=1&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2&emr=1&osid=1
>
> I can't wait 1 hour, 1 days, a month (ok just kidding) and when I'll
> provide my username/password, google will log me in. With cas, it will
> throw me a session timeout. Why a session timeout ? I haven't provide any
> information, from a user perspective, its' frustrating.

The Login Ticket (LT) is generated when the login page is loaded, and it
is stored in the JSESSION.  According to the CAS protocol specification
(http://jasig.github.io/cas/development/protocol/CAS-Protocol-Specification.html#head3.5),

the LT is used to prevent the replaying of credentials.

You can see the LT in the login page's HTML when you view source.

That's why I suggested increasing the session timeout.

I suspect Google is using something similar (check out the "GALX" form
variable on their login form), but I can't be sure.  :)

        Andy