I just want to also add awareness - if anyone is stuck on CAS 3.5.x and use
REST API with the same security filter which brakes the Restlet
implementation, there is an addon module that you could swap in place of
Restlet and enjoy the same, modern REST impl. that users of CAS 4.1 will
enjoy (when CAS 4.1 finally gets released):

https://github.com/unicon-cas-addons/cas35-addon-rest

Best,
Dmitriy.