Yes, you need a handler and a resolver. Those two beans need to exist.

Compare with http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.x/protocol/OpenID-Protocol.html

From: j shaik [mailto:junaid1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:40 AM
To: jasig-cas-u...@googlegroups.com
Cc: mmoay...@unicon.net; cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] Username missing in the jenkins homepage

I dont think. My deployerConfigContext.xml looks like this. I am guessing
you are talking about <!-- The openid credentials to principal resolver -->
<bean
class="org.jasig.cas.support.openid.authentication.principal.OpenIdCredentialsToPrincipalResolver"

/>.  If yes, I am not sure under which property should I place this bean. :/
Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";

       xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p";

       xmlns:c="http://www.springframework.org/schema/c";

       xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx";

       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util";

       xmlns:sec="http://www.springframework.org/schema/security";

http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.2.xsd

       http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-3.2.xsd

       http://www.springframework.org/schema/security
http://www.springframework.org/schema/security/spring-security-3.2.xsd

       http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd";>

    <!--

       | The authentication manager defines security policy for
authentication by specifying at a minimum

       | the authentication handlers that will be used to authenticate
credential. While the AuthenticationManager

       | interface supports plugging in another implementation, the default
PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager should

       | be sufficient in most cases.

       +-->

    <bean id="authenticationManager"
class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager">

        <constructor-arg>

            <map>

                <!--

                   | IMPORTANT

                   | Every handler requires a unique name.

                   | If more than one instance of the same handler class is
configured, you must explicitly

                   | set its name to something other than its default name
(typically the simple class name).

                   -->

                <entry key-ref="proxyAuthenticationHandler"
value-ref="proxyPrincipalResolver" />

                <entry key-ref="openIDAuthenticationHandler"
value-ref="openIDPrincipalResolver" />

       <!--     <entry key-ref="spnegoAuthenticationHandler"
value-ref="ldapPrincipalResolver" />-->

            </map>

        </constructor-arg>

        <!-- Uncomment the metadata populator to allow clearpass to capture
and cache the password

             This switch effectively will turn on clearpass.

        <property name="authenticationMetaDataPopulators">

           <util:list>

              <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.extension.clearpass.CacheCredentialsMetaDataPopulator"

                    c:credentialCache-ref="encryptedMap" />

           </util:list>

        </property>

        -->

        <!--

           | Defines the security policy around authentication. Some
alternative policies that ship with CAS:

           | * NotPreventedAuthenticationPolicy - all credential must either
pass or fail authentication

           | * AllAuthenticationPolicy - all presented credential must be
authenticated successfully

           | * RequiredHandlerAuthenticationPolicy - specifies a handler
that must authenticate its credential to pass

           -->

        <property name="authenticationPolicy">

            <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.AnyAuthenticationPolicy" />

        </property>

    </bean>

    <!-- Required for proxy ticket mechanism. -->

    <bean id="proxyAuthenticationHandler"

class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.handler.support.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsAuthenticationHandler"

          p:httpClient-ref="httpClient" />

    <!--

       | TODO: Replace this component with one suitable for your enviroment.

       | This component provides authentication for the kind of credential
used in your environment. In most cases

       | credential is a username/password pair that lives in a system of
record like an LDAP directory.

       | The most common authentication handler beans:

       | * org.jasig.cas.authentication.LdapAuthenticationHandler

       | * org.jasig.cas.adaptors.jdbc.QueryDatabaseAuthenticationHandler

       | *
org.jasig.cas.adaptors.x509.authentication.handler.support.X509CredentialsAuthenticationHandler

       | *
org.jasig.cas.support.spnego.authentication.handler.support.JCIFSSpnegoAuthenticationHandler

       -->

       <!--

    <bean id="primaryAuthenticationHandler"

          class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.AcceptUsersAuthenticationHandler">

        <property name="users">

            <map>

                <entry key="casuser" value="Mellon"/>

            </map>

        </property>

    </bean>

    -->

    <!-- Required for proxy ticket mechanism -->

    <bean id="proxyPrincipalResolver"

          class="org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.BasicPrincipalResolver"
/>

    <!--

    Sample, in-memory data store for the ServiceRegistry. A real
implementation

    would probably want to replace this with the JPA-backed ServiceRegistry
DAO

    The name of this bean should remain "serviceRegistryDao".

    +-->

    <bean id="serviceRegistryDao"
class="org.jasig.cas.services.InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl"

            p:registeredServices-ref="registeredServicesList" />

    <util:list id="registeredServicesList">

        <bean class="org.jasig.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService"

              p:id="0" p:name="HTTP and IMAP" p:description="Allows HTTP(S)
and IMAP(S) protocols"

              p:serviceId="^(https?|imaps?)://.*"
p:evaluationOrder="10000001" />

        <!--

        Use the following definition instead of the above to further
restrict access

        to services within your domain (including sub domains).

        Note that example.com must be replaced with the domain you wish to
permit.

        This example also demonstrates the configuration of an attribute
filter

        that only allows for attributes whose length is 3.

        -->

        <!--

        <bean class="org.jasig.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService">

            <property name="id" value="1" />

            <property name="name" value="HTTP and IMAP on example.com" />

            <property name="description" value="Allows HTTP(S) and IMAP(S)
protocols on example.com" />

            <property name="serviceId"
value="^(https?|imaps?)://([A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.)*example\.com/.*" />

            <property name="evaluationOrder" value="0" />

            <property name="attributeFilter">

              <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.services.support.RegisteredServiceRegexAttributeFilter"
c:regex="^\w{3}$" />

            </property>

        </bean>

        -->

    </util:list>

    <bean id="auditTrailManager"
class="com.github.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager" />

    <bean id="healthCheckMonitor"
class="org.jasig.cas.monitor.HealthCheckMonitor"
p:monitors-ref="monitorsList" />

    <util:list id="monitorsList">

      <bean class="org.jasig.cas.monitor.MemoryMonitor"
p:freeMemoryWarnThreshold="10" />

      <!--

        NOTE

        The following ticket registries support SessionMonitor:

          * DefaultTicketRegistry

          * JpaTicketRegistry

        Remove this monitor if you use an unsupported registry.

      -->

      <bean class="org.jasig.cas.monitor.SessionMonitor"

          p:ticketRegistry-ref="ticketRegistry"

          p:serviceTicketCountWarnThreshold="5000"

          p:sessionCountWarnThreshold="100000" />

    </util:list>

</beans>

On Thursday, 30 April 2015 19:26:15 UTC+2, Misagh Moayyed wrote:

Does your configuration include an openid principal resolver?