I tried to fix this " Problem with directory
[/usr/share/tomcat7/common/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false],
canRead: [false]" . I tried many things, reinstalling tomcat7, deleting tomcat7
and installing lower version tomcat6, installing tomcat7 manually, etc.
The thing is when I install tomcat7 via apt-get, during the installation I see
: not creating directory /usr/share/tomcat7. I lost any hope to fix this. Then
I decided to copy the directories from /var/lib/tomcat7 to /usr/share/tomcat7
and I couldn't copy the whole directories with files inside, so I copied file
by file. The result is, i don't have that WARNING anymore,but still have the
error: Application not authorized to use CAS.

This is my Catalina log now:

May 12, 2015 4:35:38 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
May 12, 2015 4:35:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stopInternal
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
May 12, 2015 4:35:43 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearRefere
ncesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/cas] appears to have started a thread named [FileW
atchdog] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 12, 2015 4:35:43 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol stop
INFO: Stopping ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
May 12, 2015 4:35:43 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol destroy
INFO: Destroying ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
May 12, 2015 4:35:56 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
May 12, 2015 4:36:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 11400 ms
May 12, 2015 4:36:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal
INFO: Starting service Catalina
May 12, 2015 4:36:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 (Ubuntu)
May 12, 2015 4:36:01 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/cas.war
May 12, 2015 4:36:58 PM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator
createSecureRandom
INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using
[SHA1PRNG] took [328] milliseconds.
May 12, 2015 4:37:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
May 12, 2015 4:37:06 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
May 12, 2015 4:37:07 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 66325 ms
(END)

Chris, I know I'm annoying, but I am also desperate, I really don't know what
to do anymore.

Ahmed