Not by default. Return a NullPrincipal. This will return an “error” signal
to the flow with an “error” attribute that points to a
NullPrincipalException. Catch the error and reroute the flow to an error
page that displays your message.

From: Chris Curtin [mailto:curtin.ch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:04 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: [cas-user] Principal Resolver - how to handle Authorization?

Hi,

We're running CAS 4.0 with the pac4j SAML 1.6.0 libraries. When we do a
redirect to the SAML idP we get an authentication, but within our Principal
Resolver we find that a user is not provisioned for our application.

In our custom Principal Resolver we detect this, but don't know what to do
next. Ideally we want to show them a 'sorry you are not provisioned for this
application' web page, but returning null from the Resolver caused the login
page (and thus redirect to the idP) to be displayed again.

Is there a way to fail a Principal Resolver such that it displays an error
page?

Thanks,

Chris

mmoay...@unicon.net <mailto:mmoay...@unicon.net>