From: Alex Olson [mailto:a...@byu.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 2:40 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: [cas-user] CAS-1371 - Why does /logout creating new sessions gum
up new login requests?

Hi all,

We recently ran into the bug described at
https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CAS-1371.

We had simply not removed the session="true" directive in top.jsp. But my
question is, why does /logout creating new sessions cause the first
request to /login to be served with a 302 redirect? In other words, I
understand that we can fix the problem by simply removing the directive,
but my curious brain would like to know WHY that fixes the problem.

Thanks!

---

Alex K. Olson

--