> On Jun 2, 2015, at 12:38 AM, HURTEVENT VINCENT
> <vincent.hurtev...@univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
> But, about the login retrieval, is this the wanted behavior that CAS server
> uses the typed user’s login and not an attribute value retrieved from LDAP
> queries ?

Without looking at the code, I thought the BindLdapAuthenticationHandler
connector uses the loginid stored in the directory. That is, if you type
“VINcent” in CAS the login page, and the directory contains (uid) “vincent”,
that “vincent” will be returned. Maybe someone more knowledgable with CAS
internals can comment.

That’s not the case for fast bind. The only loginid available to CAS is what
the user types in, so “VINcent” will be returned unless you write a filter to
normalize the loginid. We did this with a credentials-to-principal resolver
that calls trim().toLowerCase() to conform to our loginid standard (effectively
one line of code). I don’t think this is what you’re doing, though.

Tom.