Hi,
I just found out that the main tomcat process is opening pipes like this, :

java    32110 tomcat  597r  FIFO      0,6            43319782 pipe
java    32110 tomcat  598w  FIFO      0,6            43319783 pipe
java    32110 tomcat  600w  FIFO      0,6            43319784 pipe

Number is flapping from 200 up to more than 400, since we didn't do any modification in the source code I cannot figure out where those pipes may come from.

We just noticed that situation since the service started to degrade.

Thanks in advance.

--
Josep Manel Andrés (josep.and...@bsc.es)

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer