From: Andrea Ciapetti [mailto:andrea.ciape...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 5:09 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: [cas-user] Backporting of the cas-server-support-rest project for
CAS 4.0.x (current stable version)

Hi CAS De​velopers,

I'm currently implementing a project in which CAS Server is integrated with
Spring Security Oauth2 to provide authentication and authorization over a
set of REST Services. I'm currently using a customized overlay based on CAS
Server 4.0.1.

For logging in REST Clients I have planned to use the REST API endpoints
(/v1/tickets), but I'm facing the same issue described in
https://github.com/Jasig/cas/issues/886.

I know that in the current trunk a new version of the endpoints, written
with Spring REST Template (instead of Restlet), have been implemented and is
available. So my question is: is there any plans to make a back-port of the
new endpoint APIs for CAS 4.0.x (current stable version)?

I have also tried to perform the backporting of the Tickets Service class
myself, but I have some issues, probably related to the new version of
Spring used.

I think it can be very useful for several users, that use the current stable
version.

Thanks a lot.

    -Andrea

--