We do have an upgrade guide, but it's not a step-by-step
here's-everything-you-need-to-change sort of doc. In general 3.4.x is 95%
compatible with 3.6 and you will only run into issues with the remaining 5%
if you have heavily customized your overlay. API compatibility is 100%
preserved but you may just need to add/remove a few missing elements from
the XML config. The general strategy is, collect the number of files your
overlay has modified and catalog the changes you have made. Then, compare
those files with their original stock version from 3.6 and identify what the
missing changes are, and apply. You may run into a few differences if you
have modified the cas-servlet.xml file, but other than that, I think you'll
find it smooth.