An "interceptor" in what programming language? If you are writing things
in Java, there is the Java CAS client that is able to parse the response.
Most other clients do as well.

From: Mahantesh Prasad Katti [mailto:mahantesh.ka...@indecomm.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:57 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: [cas-user] need info on cas validate api response extraction

Hi All,

I am writing an interceptor that essentially calls the validate api of CAS
[https://<cas-host>/cas/serviceValidate?service=xys&ticket=ST-xyz]. I am
able to successfully do this from POSTMAN. However, I need some sample
code that will extract the result of this call most notably the ''user".
The following is the validation response:

<cas:serviceResponse xmlns:cas='http://www.yale.edu/tp/cas'>

        <cas:authenticationSuccess>

               <cas:user>XYZ</cas:user>

        </cas:authenticationSuccess>

</cas:serviceResponse>

Is there a quick and easy way to extract the CAS user programmatically ?
[apart from me parsing the XML using SAX/DOM parsers]?

Regards

Prasad

--
You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org