CAS server (3.5.x at the moment).

I've been asked to look into feasibility of restricting access of a
dynamic subset of users to a subset of CAS clients based on a criterion
evaluated at the CAS server. If the user meets the condition, they have
unrestricted access to our CAS clients. If the user does not, they may
access only a (severely) restricted set of CAS clients.

Specifically, this is to meet a training requirement, with a penalty
(the restriction) imposed for not doing so.

My initial thought is to try to wire in two service registries, one
restricted, the other unrestricted, with a bit of glue code to keep
track of them, then use a PersonDirectory attribute(s) as condition on
which registry to choose.

The general CAS Spring webflow seems to start with validating a service
(from a single service registry) before moving on to the credentials
webflow. In my 'hypothetical' case, I'd need to invert that: resolve the
user and attributes, then use that information to choose which set of
valid services to test (cf. ssoEnabled).

To me, this sounds like a fair amount of risky work. Anyone have/use a
case like this before? How did you approach it? If not, how might one
approach this? Any different for CAS 4.x?

Thanks!
Tom.