> My team has implemented CAS 3.5.1. We have a requirement to enable PKI
> functions for our web application authentication (logon process).
> 1.       Does CAS 3.5.1 support X.509 certificate authentication? If so, I’m
> seeking documentation other than from here:
> http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/installation/X509-Authentication.html
> .....or
> <http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/installation/X509-Authentication.html%20.....or>
>  is this documentation backward compatible with 3.5.1?

Yes. Generally, you want to try with the following:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/X.509+Certificates
<https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/X.509+Certificates>

Though I imagine most of what’s available for 4.1 is applicable to 3.5.x

> 2.       Regarding the documentation link above, I’m curious if CRL Fetching
> Configuration can be setup to utilize OCSP? (anticipating token issued from
> CA, includes an OCSP responder URL found in X.509 AIA extension OID).

If you can write a fetcher that does OCSP, sure. By default, there is no
support for that kind of thing.