I am working with
​a
 department that decided to install php on Windows, and would now like to
use phpCAS to secure their application.

There are a few issues we've been working on for days without luck.  I'm
hoping someone
​can
 offer some advice.
​There are two main problems:​

​
When we try to login, the website redirects to CAS, but it is redirecting
to the non-https version of the
​client application
 instead of the https version.
​  An error occurs when we login using both the non-https and https version
of the application.​
We commented out "phpCAS::setNoCasServerValidation();" and have tried
uncommenting
​ ​
"phpCAS::setCasServerCACert($cas_server_ca_cert_path);"
​.
Which certificate (crt) file do we point this to?  Currently it is pointing
to the server public certificate.  Also, does this make a difference in
whether the site uses http or https?​

Second problem: we can't find the debug logs.  We setup debugging by
following the directions here
<https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/phpCAS+troubleshooting>, but the log
file is non-existent.  We also looked in all of the Windows temp folders
(as instructed on the phpCAS website), but the log file is nowhere to be
found.

​If we can't figure this out, would it be possible to use the .Net CAS
client to secure the application context?​

Thanks,

Adam Causey
VCU