Chris,

I don't think mod_auth_cas supports the (experimental?) SLO feature of CAS.
However, if you just want users to be able to log out of your web app *and*
terminate their CAS session in the process, you can have Apache + a small
script help you out.

For example, at Lafayette, we are using mod_auth_cas in front of Internet2
Grouper.  The Apache config (with all the non-essential bits removed) looks
like this:

    <VirtualHost _default_:443>
        #Custom logout script
        <Directory /var/www/html/php/logout.php>
            Order Allow,Deny
            Allow from all
        </Directory>

        #Proxy settings
        <Proxy *>
            AddDefaultCharset Off
            Order deny,allow
            Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPass /php/logout.php !
        ProxyPass  / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/

        # CAS-protect everything else.
        <Location / >
            CASScope /
            Authtype CAS
            require valid-user
        </Location>

        #Redirect the Grouper logout to our custom logout.
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/grouper/logout.do$ /php/logout.php [R]
    </VirtualHost>

Grouper runs as a Java servlet, so Apache proxies the HTTP requests to a Tomcat
servlet container via AJP.
You can see a "Directory" resource that is a custom PHP script.  It is not a
protected resource.
A "Location" stanza is set up to indicate that all other resources ought to be
CAS-protected.
The "RewriteRule" intercepts the Grouper logout URL and rewrites it the custom
logout script.
That PHP script is pretty simple:

    <?php
    setcookie("MOD_AUTH_CAS_S", "", time()-3600, "/");
    header("Location: https://cas.lafayette.edu/cas/logout";); /* Redirect
browser */
    exit();
    ?>

It tells the user's browser to delete the mod_auth_cas cookie and then
redirects the user's browser to the CAS logout URL.

Thanks,
Carl