On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Richard Armstrong wrote:

This week I've been trying to clock the BEE2 off an IBOB-generated clock
with an LVTTL-to-LVPECL clock driver. I changed the BEE2 design and changed
a jumper to select user-clock on the BEE2 board. Unfortunately, this doesn't
seem to help much (although, I could be doing it wrong) and I'm finding with
this scheme that the BEE2 has the tendancy to kill the running process after
a few seconds to minutes.

Admittedly, I have not fully read though all of the replies on this thread yet, so this might have already been covered....

But, if you want the BEE2 running at the same clock rate as your iBOB's, I think you'll need to select usr_clk2x on the BEE2 and in the BEE2 model file. Unless there's some other way that Randy & I couldn't find, the best you can do is connect the LSB of a counter to the iBOB SMA output. This gives you 1/2 the clk rate of the iBOB. So, you'd be driving the BEE2 at 1/2 the rate, unless you use usr_clk2x which multiplies the incoming clock by two to get you back to the same rate.

Is there some way to connect the actual iBOB clock signal to the SMA GPIO in the model file?

Jason