Hello all,

I've been working on Verilog code that requires the application of a MAXDELAY constraint to an 8 bit data bus output from a register explicitly forced into the Input/Output Buffer. When I apply the constraint to the whole bus, PAR results show that the Xilinx tools attempt to apply a MAXDELAY of 0 ns to bit 6 ONLY, while properly applying the MAXDELAY = 2 ns to the other bits. This result is the same over each of the 16 busses to which I have applied this constraint. A workaround I am using right now is to apply the constraint to each individual bit, but this prevents me from parameterizing the module how I would like to. Does anybody know either (1) how I can use some equivalent of a Verilog generate to make sure that the constraint gets applied to each bit of an arbitrary width bus, or (2) why the constraint gets misinterpreted?

Thanks,
-Suraj Gowda