I think that there's a weird corner-case with offsets of 0 whereby it shows
up a clock early in the downsampling (because 0 offset falls right on the
downsample boundary).  That's why there's a special delay for the 0-offset
case.

Of course, you know this is just a simulation-level part of the block.  It
does not get mapped into hardware at all--it's just to give some basic
simulation functionality to the block.  So if the output looks like what you
expect, the details of the simulation model aren't terribly important.

--
Aaron Parsons

510-406-4322 (cell)
Campbell Hall 523, UCB