On Jun 19, 2010, at 15:56 , John Ford wrote:

Hi, John,
Did you ever get any replies to your query from last December?

I did not.  And I have not tried to move our stuff to 10.1.

Thanks, John. I've resorted to trying two very simple test models (identical except for the fact that one is in designed/built using 7.1 and the other 10.1). The 7.1 model works, the 10.1 model hangs. Something is definitely not right.

Here is an ascii-art diagram of my simple model...

[From CPU SW Reg] --> [Register] -> [To CPU SW Reg]

FWIW, I'm using usrclk_2x on the BEE2.

I just built a BEE2 design using 10.1 (and mlib_devel_10_1), but I
can't get it to work.  No TinySH, and reads/writes to /proc/<pid>/hw/
ioreg/* just hang.

Do I have to go back to 7.1 for BEE2 development?

I think so.  It seems bee2 is an orphan platform for newer tools.

It's kind if sad to hear "10.1" referred to as a "newer" tool! :-)

I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Dave