Hi Daniel

> I tried to clock at 100MHz system clock and 400Mz for ADC, now I changed
> to 200/800 respectively and it compiled! Why adc_clk_buf has issues with
> lower frequency? Where I can find it in my design?

It looks like your timing error was inside the iADC yellow block,
which corresponds to a pcore in your EDK project. I suspect you have
run into a minimum timing constraint on a DCM which is configured for
high speed clocks. The minimum input clock frequency for DCMs on
Virtex-5 is 120 MHz. So this timing error isn't one that adding
latency can fix.

If you want to run at less than 120 MHz, you need change two
parameters (vhdl generics) in
xps_lib/XPS_ROACH_base/pcores/adc_interface_v1_01_a/hdl/vhdl/adc_interface.vhd.
Both DFS_FREQUENCY_MODE and DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE   should be equal to
"LOW" (as opposed to "HIGH")

This represents a bug in the toolflow (or I suppose a missing feature)
as this could very comfortably be done automatically. I'll file a bug
report on this and it will probably be fixed soon.

Hopefully I'm correct in understanding the problem and have helped
ease your mind about it too.

Cheers,
David George